What Is The Best Way To Go About Teeth Whitening & Brightening?
Psychologists have said that the first thing that people notice about you is your shoes. However, this statement can be wrong when you have a dazzling smile.
Your teeth can be the first thing people notice when they see you, especially if you have white, sparkling teeth. That makes it no surprise to discover that tooth whitening is the most common reason people go to the dentist’s office.
Every year, Americans spend billions of dollars to make sure that they have shiny teeth. White teeth naturally enhance your beauty, makes you happy, and gives you more confidence to relate well in a public environment. A lot of things cause the teeth to get dirty.
Firstly, not everyone is born with white teeth, and colored teeth do not mean that a person has poor oral health. Also, the foods that we consume can change the color of our teeth—foods like coffee, red wine, chocolate, and so on. People who smoke are at risk of having colored teeth. Drugs like tetracycline are another contributing factor. Nature also has its role, as aging can cause one’s teeth to become colored.
Various Teeth Whitening Procedures
- There are plenty of ways to whiten your teeth, but the best way to whiten your teeth is to get help from a dentist near you. Non-professional teeth whitening procedures will not give you the kind of results that you will get if you approach a dentist near you. Different teeth have different degrees of stain, so a one-fit-all solution acquired over-the-counter at a pharmacy will not work for everyone. If you want to get teeth whitening in Plano, TX, here are some procedures that you can get when you visit a professional.
- Laser Bleaching: When you visit your dentist for teeth whitening, laser bleaching is one of the options that you can get. It is a quick procedure, and you will be discharged in a few minutes. First, the dentist will apply a whitening solution to your enamel. After using the solution, the dentist will focus the laser light on your teeth. When the light comes in contact with the solution already on the teeth, the whitening happens immediately. If you are on your way to a first date and you think that your teeth are not sparkling enough, you can find a dentist who provides teeth whitening near you and do laser bleaching.
- Ceramic Veneer: Veneers are a great way to make your teeth white. They also offer solutions to other dental issues like crack, irregular spacing, and so on. The dentist will scrap part of your enamel and insert the veneer into your teeth. No one will know you are wearing a veneer.
- DIY Kits: If you want to do teeth whitening in Plano, TX, by yourself, but you want effective results, you can get help from any dentist near you. There are Do-It-Yourself kits that your dentist can prescribe for you. These kits produce better outputs than over-the-counter kits. The kit contains a whitening tray and a whitening gel. You apply the gel to the tray and wear it for a while (usually suggested by the dentist). If the gel finishes, you can go back to the dentist to get another one.
Effective Brightening Techniques
Going to the dentist can cost you a fortune. So why spend that fortune when you can do it at home? You can buy the products that you need from any store or pharmacy around you. Some of these products are;
- Toothpaste and Mouthwash: There are special tubes of toothpaste and mouthwash that are designed to whiten your teeth the more you use them. They have the same method of application as regular toothpaste and mouthwash. You can find them on the shelves at your local store, and they do not cost a fortune.
- Bleaching Kits: These kits are similar to the kits you can get in a dentist’s office. The only difference is that the professional kits are specially designed to fit the needs of your teeth. Also, you might experience a few side effects because the gels are not customized for your exact requirements.
- Pens and Strips: Whitening Strips are like stickers, and they are applied on the teeth for a period that will be stated on the box or in the manual. The whitening pens are used to apply the whitening solution to the teeth. Both pens and strips have specific instructions. If you don’t find these instructions, make sure you ask the attendant on duty.